Wednesday, January 5, 2011

7 year old manicurist, hit with the tummy bug, my special gift, and fun with Bokeh!

 

Wow what a week this family has had! So sad how our last few days of vacation were cursed by a HORRIBLE! Stomach virus! We won’t even get into that topic…….

Needless to say I have no craft, or anything real exciting to blog about, but still I feel the need to blog. The title of my post pretty much sums it up!

I’ve been playing around with the new camera and I LOVE it! I still need to learn to take it off auto a little lot more, but it’s been fun. My family thinks I’m a crazy camera lady. Just roaming around snapping pictures of random objects around the house.  “Mom!! Why are you taking pictures of my DSi games?”  “Mom!!! pictures of the stuffed animals? Really?”

Anyway since our tree is still up (due to the sickies we’ve had around here) I really wanted to experiment with Bokeh. The sisters were at school and my other Christmas décor has been put away so I decided to take pictures of the wonderful and thoughtful gift the husband got me for Christmas. Here are the shots I took….

067070071

Isn’t the husband the best? There is actually a tiny story behind this ring, but I won’t bore you with the mushy details! Instead just enjoy the beautiful Bokeh and the priceless manicure! That’s right ladies I have my own personal manicurist! Don’t be jealous! I have a personal masseuse as well but her prices jumped up to $100/hr. The manicure was free! *wink wink*

 

OH WAIT!!!!

I almost forgot I have a kind of craft to share with you!

The sister’s whole Christmas this year was pretty much based all around American Girl Dolls. The husband and I got them cubbies so that they could neatly store (read: learn responsibility) all of the accessories.

I decided to have some fun with my cricut and make a “special spot” in the play room just for AG stuff. The pictures are bad, (still learning that camera) and while it’s not really a creative craft I did have to get a little “crafty” to do it, so I think it deserves a spot on the blog!

063

Untitled-1ag

 

 

 

jeanamarie

1 comment:

Lori said...

That is so adorable!! Lori