Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Greeting Card Hoarders Unite!

I really wanted to share this idea sooner, but those nasty germs we had flying around here put a damper on my plans. Believe it or not I am just now finishing up taking all of the holiday decorations down? Crazy right? My house has been kinda funny. Half of my Christmas décor still out with little traces of Heart Day in the air!

The last thing to come down was my high school musical memo board turned Christmas card holder. Which you can find here.

I don’t know if your anything like me, but I Heart Greeting cards! So much that I hate to throw them away! Christmas Cards, Birthday Cards, Anniversary Cards, Valentine Cards, you name it!

Here is a great way to keep those cards as great mementos without just stuffing them in a box never to be seen again.

 

What you need:

Stack of greeting cards from any occasion

052

1 hole punch

Book ring

053

Punch a hole in the corner of each one of your greeting cards. Open up your book ring and add each card to the ring. That’s it! It’s that simple! Your kids will love having their own little book of Birthday Xmas ect. cards they can look back on for years to come!

054

062

057

We put our Christmas card “books” away each Christmas and bring them out the following year. It’s fun to look back at all the picture cards to see how much each family has changed.

The sisters really love their Birthday card “books” We leave them out year round in the bookcase and they have so much fun digging them out every now and then to relive the moment!

It may be too late for most of you to try this with your Christmas cards, but keep this idea in the back of your head for all those Valentine’s coming your way! *wink*

 

jean1

Here is where I’m linking this project up to…

1 comment:

Kathy in FW TX said...

I love this idea. I hate putting away the cards and I cringe thinking of the ones that other people discard. I am definitely doing this for my grandchildren's birthday cards from now on. Thank you