Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Last Minute Turkey Treats!

I decided a while back I would help out in Miss Allison’s class today. They are making Stone Soup make with Petoskey stones from right here in MI. I’m not sure the exact story behind the Stone Soup but I hope to find out more while helping serve it today.
So while I remembered that I was helping out today I completely forgot I promised Allison I would make our traditional Oreo Cookie Turkeys.  Normally the girls and I would do this together but since I forgot until this morning I had to make them myself.  Let me tell you that they are so much more fun doing with my kiddos. Their little giggles were very much missed.
Due to my serious time crunch I don’t have any step by step photos but here is what you need to make these cuties……
  • Oreo Cookies
  • Hershey Kisses
  • Candy Corn
  • Decorating frosting from the can in White and Green (I call this “cheat frosting.”)
  • A small tube of blue decorating frosting
  • Red Shoestring licorice
Start by separating all of the Oreo cookies in half. Set top half with cream aside. Using your green cheat frosting with the included “star” tip work from the inside out of the bottom part of cookie in a spiral motion. This creates the grass. Do the same thing to the top half of cookies only this time use the white frosting. Unwrap your Hershey kisses. Set aside. Oh and if you have enough make sure you eat a couple!  Everyone needs a kiss or two now and then.  Take the top half of the cookie and attach it to the bottom half. Use a kiss for the turkey head.  Using the blue and white frosting create eyes and use your licorice for a wattle. Too Cute! Arrange Candy Corn for feathers and wala! Cute Cookie Turkeys!  There are lots of versions of this floating around the net some are super duper cute! Check em’ out and make some for yourself!
Please excuse my less than stellar photos. My Camera battery is dying and it really makes my pictures come out poor. :o(
pictures 1752
pictures 1754
If you love Oreos as much as we do around here, you won’t want to miss my upcoming post about what we will do with our leftover Oreos! YUMMY! That’s all I gotta say!

jeanamarie

Check out where I'm linking this post up to!

BWS tips button


Texas Monkey

3 comments:

Erin said...

TOTALLY ADORABLE!!! I love them!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Wow, anything with Oreo's is a hit in my book! Thanks so much for sharing these! They look scrumptious! Happy turkey day!

~Alison

Unknown said...

Thanks so much ladies for stopping by to check out my turkeys! And thanks for the sweet comments!

Jeana